East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > General discussion > Around Ireland in a day...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Around Ireland in a day...

Around Ireland in a day... 5 years 5 months ago #11943

• Alan J. Finn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Hi everyone, this trip/event which would be a world record if carried off is being organised over on Facebook.....the organiser is looking for expressions of interest at this stage to see if it is feasible.
For those of you with an aversion to Facebook, Donal is attempting to paddle around Ireland in one day using teams all around the coast which would all launch and effectively be in the water for the day covering every inch of the coastline.....
So he has asked that the word be spread to see if people mightbe up for it, it would of course be next Summer...2 or more from part the East coast section, which would be Louth to Wicklow, roughly, have signed up...
So head over to this link if you like or post here if you think you might like to take part....
A chance to be involved in a World Record Attempt...

www.facebook.com/groups/250508838910140/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Around Ireland in a day... 5 years 5 months ago #11944

• MICHAEL CARROLL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 667
I think this is a worthy project for ECSKC to undertake. Donal O'Dowd has divided the country into 8 regions and will appoint a Regional Organising Officer for each region. One is the East Coast running from Louth to Wicklow which would be of interest to ECSKC. Teams of two or three paddlers if possible to do 25 -30 km stretches of the coast simultaneously to ensure the whole island of Ireland is done in one day - all for charity. The details of the legs and distances to be worked out yet and leaders for each leg or group of legs to be selected. If you are interested follow the link posted by AJ above and sign up for this unique venture. You can then say you were part of a group that circumnavigated Ireland !!!!
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by MICHAEL CARROLL.

Around Ireland in a day... 5 years 5 months ago #11948

• Dave Conroy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 152
The flyer...
20181008_000926.jpg

Around Ireland in a day... 5 years 5 months ago #11953

• Alan Horner
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 277
Hi Folks
I have expressed interest in this event on behalf of the club and indeed most of the club's trip leaders confirmed their interest and involvement.

Donal O'Dowd together with Jon Hynes are getting an organising group together
and I will attend this.. then we shall see what the next steps will be.

Hoping for a large participation from The Clubs paddlers with the idea that teams of three paddler would take on a section of coastline between 10km upto 30km distance

more details to follow - happy for you to share you expressions of interest on social media with Donal and Jon

Around Ireland in a day... 5 years 4 months ago #12058

• Susan Honan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 311
Hi all
Myself and Denis Staunton are ROOs (regional organising officers) for the South East region which starts at Arklow.
While we have had a great response so far, we still need paddlers to cover the section from Arklow to Cahore. This section can be done as one stretch of just over 31km or preferably as two sections of about 15/16km each. Ideally we need 3-6 paddlers per section.
If you are able to participate, please get in touch with either myself, or Denis
My number is 087 353 2970 or you can contact us via the facebook page.
Many thanks
Sue & Denis
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Susan Honan.
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds