Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trip to Galicia in August

Trip to Galicia in August 5 years 2 weeks ago #12422

• Chris Hamilton
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Hi,
This is not a club trip but a few of us are going to Galicia, Spain for kayak/camping trip among the islands off the coast from Pontevedra (near Santiago de Compostela). So far we have 4 confirmed (Mick Carroll, Lonan Byrne, Ray O’Donnell and myself) but keen to find others to join us.

Kayaking distances each day will range from 10 – 25k. It is the Atlantic so we could experience some bumpy conditions (Level 3 recommended) but there are some sheltered areas too. Planning to stay on Islas de Cies, Parque Nacional Marítimo-Terrestre das Illas Atlánticas de Galicia, Illa de Arousa and mainland.

Here are some links to give you an idea of the location.

Map:
www.google.com/maps/place/C%C3%ADes+Islands/@42.4889682,-8.7257917,10z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0xd2f5f4196ae6b97:0xbecab278f6993d29!8m2!3d42.214554!4d-8.9052216

Videos of Islas de Cies
www.buceoislascies.es/en/more-info/cies-islands.html

One of the campsites
salinascamping.com/

The dates are Sat 24 Aug – Sun 1st Sep and it involves flying Dublin to Santiago de Compostela with Aer Lingus, taxi transfer to Cangas and renting kayaks, paddle, PFD, spraydeck (I’ve identified a company that currently has up to 20 sit-in sea kayaks available for that week). You would need to bring your own camping equipment. The approx. costs are:

Flights with check-in bags: 288
Taxi Transfers: 63
Kayak rental: 157
Transfer to/from launching point: 5
Campsite fees for the week: 40
TOTAL: €553 approx.

If you would like to do this trip, please let me know by email ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) within the next week if possible. The kayak rental company requires a 35% deposit to secure each boat so it would be quite important to get that to them sooner rather than later. If there is any problem with flight availability to Compostela, it is also possible to fly Ryanair to Porto with 1:45hr transfer to Cangas (cheaper too but flight times not quite as good).

- Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Conroy
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds