East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > General discussion > Ireland's Eye sold to a new private owner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ireland's Eye sold to a new private owner

Ireland's Eye sold to a new private owner 4 years 7 months ago #13152

• David Walsh
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
Chancer, "trip and falls" on footpaths or roads is a different part of the legal code altogether and doesn't provide guidance for just how quiet the area of law you were talking about has gone. Walking around Irelands Eye is done at your own risk, period.
Now, you do pay money to the boatman, so accidents while "landing on an island without a proper landing stage" is slightly more fertile ground, but the target is the boatman, not the island.
Look, there is of course a degree of subjectivity involved, but lets say that if a slide in a children's playground hurts a child, that is the other end of the spectrum altogether to falling over a rabbit hole on Ireland's Eye.
The good old days (OK, a subjective comment, I admit) are gone forever.
Owners of wild islands can sleep perfectly well at night these days (as it were).
DW
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan J. Finn

Ireland's Eye sold to a new private owner 4 years 6 months ago #13229

• Alan Doyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
On a lighter note, I remember seeing a film - I think it was 'The Players' with Dylan Moran and Michael Gambon - which featured Ireland's Eye but with Kylemore Abbey grafted onto the western end of it by CGI. It looked quite well.

I doubt if we'd be welcomed up for afternoon tea though....

Alan
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds