East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > Meets and other events > Club Easy Meet Bulloch Harbour sat May 18
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Club Easy Meet Bulloch Harbour sat May 18

Club Easy Meet Bulloch Harbour sat May 18 3 months 1 day ago #12619

• Alan Horner
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 122
The easy meet will be starting from Bulloch Harbour
Meet for 10.00hrs to be ready for Briefing 10.30hrs

Weather is good with light Northerly Winds

The meet is open to paddlers of all abilities

Please bring lunch drinks etc as we will stop on Dalkey island on the way

Any question please get in touch

If you are coming please post below

Thanks
Alan
Tel 086-6869019
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Club Easy Meet Bulloch Harbour sat May 18 3 months 14 hours ago #12623

• Alan Horner
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 122
Easy paddle will go ahead as planned
See you for 10am in Bulloch harbour

Thanks Alan
Last Edit: 3 months 1 hour ago by Alan Horner.

Club Easy Meet Bulloch Harbour sat May 18 2 months 4 weeks ago #12632

• Alan J. Finn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 150
I plan to be there in the morning, I can't make the Saltees....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Horner

Club Easy Meet Bulloch Harbour sat May 18 2 months 3 weeks ago #12636

• Alan J. Finn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 150
A big thanks to all who turned up on Sat and to Alan H for leading the trip.
Alan arrived in Bulloch on his blue chariot having paddled from Greystones with another paddler, with the briefing over we, 12 of us, took to the water. It was a beautiful morning and all were in good spirits (that is an old term relating to ones humor and has nothing to do with alcohol or ghosts). A feww nice waves as we paddled up the sound and soon enough we reached the Muglins, it was just a bit lively behind the little island, white with guano (and a little bit smelly), all around safely and gathered in a group, around again someone said so 4 or 5 of us went around clockwise again. There was a gap amid a group of rocks, due to the Spring tide and 2 paddlers went through basically paddling across The Muglins, see pics.
We headed over for Dalkey Island,the tide was ebbing at a fierce rate at that stage and we were being pushed South as we went. Around to the harbour we all landed and had tea and chocolate or coffee and chocolate, the usual, the conversation was its usual ecclectic self and ranged from big birthdays...can I tell??, forthcoming foreign trips away, for some, Hitler (that was just me and one other, very informative too)new kayaks, the church, the nesting Seagulls on the island and the peace, patient fathers ....waiting and even more patient mothers....sitting....someone said grumpy so I ran :whistle:
A great seed of a plan for the Solstice in June, get on it Rob......
Watching a little boy, about 2 years old, coming down to get the ferry back to Colliemore with his Mum and Dad, holding his Dads hand and negotiating each step like it was a mountain.
Back on the water and a group of seals, about 10, were arranged in the water in a near perfect circle,watching us strange creatures as we went by, probably feeling a little sorry for us having to spend all that money on brightly colored boats to try to enjoy their territory,the watched us intently as we passed, some coming over to play.
Back without further ado to Bulloch, some rolling, all great and then a fine dispaly from Rob of a solo rere deck re-entry, executed in jig time, also a lesson for one member in ensuring that ones DRY suit remains dry by closing all zips fully, we learn from our mistakes.
All in all a wonderfull paddle with great company, thanks again all.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Dempsey
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds