East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > Meets and other events > Club meet Carlingford Lough Saturday 8 June.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Club meet Carlingford Lough Saturday 8 June.

Club meet Carlingford Lough Saturday 8 June. 3 weeks 2 hours ago #12700

• MICHAEL CARROLL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 226
This week the club meet takes place in Carlingford Lough, Co Louth. Meet at Greenore - Turn right off the R175 at the old Beach Cafe on the shore and we can park on the grass there to launch from the beach. Meet at 1000hrs to launch at 1030hrs. Current forecast is for Westerly winds 12kn gusting to 20kn with a Westerly wavetrain of 0.6m. Tide will be flooding from approx 0930hrs which will create overfall conditions at Haulbowline Lighthouse island. The overfalls here are a bit like those at Wicklow head or Dalkey Is.
The plan is to launch from Greenore and head out to Green Island close to the NI shore and from there to head to Blockhouse Island to rest in the lee of the island before tackling the Haulbowline overfalls. Afterwards we will travel back on the rising tide to Carlingford town to have lunch. Finally after lunch we will return to Greenore. The total trip distance is estimated to be approx 17kms.
The trip is for L3 standard regular club paddlers due to the conditions expected. If you have any concerns or questions please call me at 0851086814. Bring lunch and hot drink and dress for immersion. Temp expected to be 13/14C with sea temp 12C and right now little or no rain. I will post again on Friday with any changes of note.
Please post here if you are travelling.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Conroy, John Lawlor

Club meet Carlingford Lough Saturday 8 June. 2 weeks 6 days ago #12701

• Dave Conroy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
Eye plan two bee their!

Club meet Carlingford Lough Saturday 8 June. 2 weeks 6 days ago #12702

• MICHAEL CARROLL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 226
Grate cee ewe den.

Club meet Carlingford Lough Saturday 8 June. 2 weeks 6 days ago #12703

I hope to make it. It's worth noting the N2 will be closed all day around Slane and priority given to concert traffic. Traffic may be heavier than usual on the M1 as a result.

Club meet Carlingford Lough Saturday 8 June. 2 weeks 6 days ago #12708

• John Lawlor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks Mick I'll be there.

If anybody wants to car share I'll be leaving from Cabinteely area.

John

Club meet Carlingford Lough Saturday 8 June. 2 weeks 5 days ago #12709

I would like to come but do not have access to a car on saturday....Would anyone consider picking up a stray in Donabate (5 Mins off the M1 J4)?? I will Behave myself and pay for petrol!!
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds