East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > Meets and other events > December approaching....
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: December approaching....

December approaching.... 2 months 2 weeks ago #15165

• Colin Orr
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Wasn't sure whether to put this in Meets forum or General Discussion, I guess time will tell.

Anyway, I find myself in a position where I still have some days to take off work before the end of the year or apparently I loose them :angry: . Not being one for wanting to loose or waste anything I am wondering if there is an appetite for a mid week dash to somewhere west (weather and restrictions permitting) in December for a day or two of mid week paddling (or even 3).

Weather in December can be fantastic :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

December approaching.... 2 months 2 weeks ago #15166

• John Markham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Great idea Colin. Yes December weather can be wonderful and particularly combined with the low sunrise, often gives spectacular vistas.

I'm off from 19th 'till the 3rd. But I've no idea what other commitments I'll have over that period, so may not get away, that said come hell, high water or level 5 restrictions I'll be on the wsea as much as possible.

December approaching.... 2 months 1 week ago #15173

• Susan Honan
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
That would be great..keep us posted. Thanks
Sue

December approaching.... 2 months 1 week ago #15176

• Colin Orr
  • Senior Boarder
I’ll be watching the long range forecast and covidometer from end of next week...

Keep you updated Sue and anyone else that may be interested..

December approaching.... 1 month 4 weeks ago #15197

• Colin Orr
  • Senior Boarder
Well, its a small window but if I can't hit it with a kayak I'll hit it with hiking boots... the weather gods can decide. Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd, kids are in school and I am off work. Anyone for a quick trip west? I can travel Sunday evening (20th). Paddling in the west of Ireland during the winter solstice...what more could you want assuming nice calm seas

A whole 7.5 hours of daylight :)

December now here (and heading west).... 1 month 2 weeks ago #15259

• Colin Orr
  • Senior Boarder
Just a reminder for anyone feeling the need to stretch the horizon before Christmas.

Provisional plan is to head to County Galway, Spiddal area, Sunday evening 20th Dec, paddle 21st and 22nd based on what looks like improving weather conditions. Possibly a trip into North Clare. There are a few accommodation options but we sort that out the details based on how many want to join. A few hotels open in the area gagging for some budget(ish) B&B work.

A few people have contacted me directly declaring their intend. Message, email, text, whatsapp or post here if interested.

You know you want to
;)
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds