East Coast Sea Kayaking Club

Home > Forum > Forum > General discussion > Volunteers needed for coastal landslide monitoring
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Volunteers needed for coastal landslide monitoring

Volunteers needed for coastal landslide monitoring 1 year 1 month ago #21049

Hi All,

Please see request for volunteers below:

My name is Niamh Cullen and I am the Principal Investigator on a new project which is funded by the Geological Survey of Ireland (Ref 2022-SC-012).

The ACCOMPLISH Project is a collaboration between Dublin City University and Trinity College Dublin and aims to engage with members of the public to facilitate increased reporting of coastal landslides when and where they happen so that we can better manage our coastline.

We are currently in the process of recruiting volunteers from Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford to participate in the project. We are specifically looking for anyone who regularly walks, runs, cycles, canoes, swims, sails, or just visits the coasts of Dublin, Wexford or Wicklow in the areas shown on the maps attached. We are happy to consider other areas if our volunteers consider them as worth investigating!

We would be very grateful if you could pass this information on to members of your kayaking club or anyone that you think would be interested in participating as a volunteer.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me by email ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ).

You can also visit our website accomplishproject.ie to find out more.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warms regards,

Niamh.

--
Assistant Professor in Climate and Environmental Sustainability
School of History and Geography, Dublin City University.

Principal Investigator ACCOMPLISH Project
Applying Citizen Science to a COastal Monitoring Project for Landslides on Ireland's SHoreline
Funded by the Geological Survey of Ireland
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Twitter: @Accomplish_Pr

Dublin_Map.png

Wicklow_Map.png

Wexford_Map.png
Starlight
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony Walsh, Hazel Johnston, Penny Storey

Volunteers needed for coastal landslide monitoring 1 year 2 weeks ago #21276

• Adam May
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan Honan, Geraldine Murphy, Hazel Johnston

Volunteers needed for coastal landslide monitoring 1 year 2 weeks ago #21291

• Penny Storey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
I saw this piece this morning in my little news digest. I have to confess, when it mentioned a paddle from East Coast my mind went straight to Geraldine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geraldine Murphy
  • Page:
Moderators: Julian Haines
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds